The New Hope Senior Behavioral Health Center at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital provides treatment for people 50 and older who need structured psychiatric care in a warm, supportive environment.
The goal of the New Hope Senior Behavioral Health Center is to return every patient to the optimal level of function possible outside the Hospital setting.
Led by board-certified psychiatric staff and a team of nurses, social workers and other health care professionals, the Center offers:
- Free confidential initial consultations to determine the appropriate level of care
- Assistance locating the least restrictive environment that meets individual needs
- Management of the patient's secondary medical needs
- A physical evaluation
- A mental evaluation
- Development of a comprehensive treatment plan
Nursing care is provided 24/7. Phone calls to the Center are answered 24/7.
Visiting hours are:
- 6-8 p.m., Monday-Friday
- 3-8 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
For patient confidentiality, Center staff will not provide patient names or room numbers to visitors or those making inquiries about patients unless they use a password previously agreed upon by the patient. The Center honors the right of patients to refuse visitors.
As people age, they increasingly suffer the loss of loved ones and the stresses that go with declining physical and mental abilities. These changes can lead to persistent personality changes or unusual behavior that may indicate your loved one is suffering from an emotional illness, such as depression.
Signs and symptoms of emotional illness include:
- Insomnia or too much sleep
- Crying spells
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Disregard for personal appearance
- Sad or blank looks
- Thoughts of suicide
- Forgetfulness or confusion
- Social isolation
For more information, call 573-468-4186 or schedule an appointment online.