We offer several classes for preparing your family for a new member. All classes are held at the Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital Conference Room. Class attendees will be entered into a quarterly drawing for a car seat.
Childbirth Classes (31 weeks and beyond)
Be ready for labor and delivery with our class focusing on:
- Early Labor signs
- Stages of Labor
- Dilation and Effacement
- Pain management during labor: natural, IV pain medications and epidural
- Procedures to expect; Vaginal exams, rupture of membranes, monitors, foley
- Cesarean Section
- Immediate Postpartum changes/needs.
Early Pregnancy Class (Conception to 31 weeks)
Learn what to expect in early pregnancy, from conception to 31 weeks gestation, including:
- Choosing a Doctor/Pediatrician
- Healthy Pregnancy: diet, emotional health, physical activity, smoking, alcohol/drug use.
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Role of labor support person
- What to pack
- General care and any topics of interest suggested by attendees.
Classes are $35 but we waive the fee if you are delivering at our Mother Baby Unit. Registration is required. Ask about a chance to win a car seat. For more information or to register, call 573-468-1968.