Gastroenterology (GI) is focused on disorders related to the digestive system. These conditions may involve the liver, pancreas, stomach, colon (intestine), gallbladder, small bowel, esophagus (throat) and Hepatitis C.
Meet Our Specialists
Office hours are Monday and Wednesdays 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Procedure days are by appointment:
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
For an appointment call 573-860-6000 and ask for Denise.
Office hours at the Sullivan Specialty Clinic:
Mondays: 12:30 - 4:30 p.m
Procedure days are:
Monday by appointment
For appointment call 314-996-3520
Call one of the Missouri Baptist Sullivan GI physicians if you have one or more of these symptoms:
- unexplained loss of weight
- blood in stool
- difficulty swallowing
- stomach pain
- rectal pain
- change in bowel habits
- excessive bloating and gas.
Common GI procedures:
Upper Endoscopy (EGD)
An EGD is an upper scope in which your physician will insert a tube into your throat through your mouth to view the esophagus, stomach, and upper portion of the intestine to diagnose problems with these areas. You will receive medication for sedation during the procedure to make you comfortable.
A colonoscopy is a lower scope in which your physician will enter a tube into your rectum to view the colon to help diagnose problems in this area. You will receive medication for sedation during the procedure to make you comfortable.
Important information in preparation for you procedure:
- Follow the instructions for preparation for the procedure as instructed by your provider.
- Please make sure you bring a friend or family member to drive you home after your procedure.
- Please direct all medical questions regarding your procedure to your physician office. Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital providers can be reached at 573-860-6000.
- Your length of stay for your procedure can be between 2-4 hours depending on the type of procedure you are having and when you meet discharge criteria.
For more information, call 573-468-4186, 866-468-4186 or to schedule an appointment online.