Millions of people have trouble sleeping. Often, people under estimate the importance of a good night’s sleep. Poor quality sleep can have an adverse effect on your health as well as make you more likely to have accidents.
Answering the following questions may help to indicate whether you have a sleeping disorder.
- Are you frequently tired during the day and feel as though you lack the energy to complete your daily tasks?
- Do you sometimes awaken during the night feeling short of breath?
- Have you ever been told that you stop breathing in your sleep?
- Do you ever awaken with morning headaches?
- Do you sometimes times have muscle weakness after being angry, surprised, or after laughing?
- Do you ever have a tingling sensation or pain in your legs that makes it difficult to keep your legs still?
- Do you ever feel as though you hallucinate as you are falling asleep or as you start to wake up?
- Have you been told that you snore, and do you often awaken feeling unrested?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to make an appointment with your physician to discuss the possibility of having an overnight sleep study.
The sleep lab at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is comfortable and convenient. We are located in the lower level of the newest addition to the hospital. We offer a queen size bed, T.V., recliner, and your personal bathroom and shower.
All of our staff are registered sleep technologists or licensed respiratory therapists. As a patient in our sleep lab, our goal is to offer you competent, kind and courteous service.
Please don’t hesitate to discuss your sleep disorder symptoms with your physician. A good night’s sleep is important to your health!
For more information, call 573-468-1148