Wounds that don't heal can cause severe emotional and physical stress. These persistent, non-healing wounds require a specialized approach for healing.
The Wound Care Center at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, managed by Healogics™, provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not significantly improved from conventional treatments. Often associated with diabetes, inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility, non-healing wounds lead to lower quality of life and may lead to amputations.
The Wound Care Center uses an interdisciplinary model of care, including infectious-disease management, physical therapy, occupational therapy, laboratory evaluation, nutritional management, pain management, diabetic education, radiology testing, and debridement to address total patient health. Offering state-of-the-art treatments, including debridement, dressing selection, special shoes, and patient education, people with non-healing and chronic wounds now have a place to turn.
A comprehensive team of wound care specialists
The Wound Care Center is designed to complement your physicians' services and is committed to the treatment of chronic or non-healing wounds. The Center is made up of a team of professionals, including:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
- A personalized wound treatment program
Services offered include:
- Wound consultation/evaluation, diagnostic and ongoing assessments, and treatment
- Non-invasive vascular studies
- Specialty wound dressings
- Bio-engineered skin grafts/substitutes
- Compression therapy
- Wound cultures, debridements and biopsies
- Treatment of wound, skin and bone infections including antibiotic therapy
- Patient and family education to improve outcomes and minimize re-occurrences
- Pressure off-loading devices and footwear
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- To treat all patients with compassion and kindness
- To systematically and continuously monitor the quality and appropriateness of care, treatment and services
- To provide cost effective, safe quality care
- To coordinate the patient's plan of care with referring physicians, primary physicians, home health agencies, and/or other health care providers
Partnership with the leading wound care management team leads to successful healing
Through a partnership with Healogics, Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is able to offer a new and comprehensive center offering specialized wound care.
Wound Care Center at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
751 Sappington Bridge Road
Sullivan, MO 63080
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
About Healogics, Inc.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Healogics is the nation's largest provider of advanced wound care services. Healogics and its affiliated companies manage more than 500 Wound Care Centers® in the nation and see nearly 200,000 patients per year through a connected network of centers, partner hospitals, academic medical centers, patients and families. Leveraging its scale and experience, Healogics utilizes an evidence-based systematic approach to chronic wound healing in treating an underserved and growing patient population.
Healogics has been the leader in wound care for over 20 years, offering the most advanced modalities such as adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). Centers managed by Healogics traditionally achieve excellent clinical outcomes, including high limb salvage rates, a 91% healing rate within 30 median days-to-heal, and extremely high patient satisfaction.