Massage Therapy is not just a luxury anymore. It’s an important part of your wellness and preventative healthcare. Massage is a positive tool for physical and mental health. It can help you be more in tune with your body and it can help create a feeling of wellness that is often lost in our fast-paced sometimes overscheduled lives. Even an hour to allow your body to relax helps to heal and re-energize. It is valuable for every age and every body type, massage has many benefits.
Massage can be beneficial to invest in as preventative medicine. The last thing you want is to get sick, take time off work, and pay expensive medical bills. Massage boosts your immune system, reduces anxiety, improves sleep, and increases circulation. All Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers are professionally licensed by the state. Although no two massage therapists are exactly alike in their techniques, they will cater the massage around your needs.
There are numerous benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments:
- Decrease back and neck pain, ease headaches and migraine pain
- Strengthen the immune system by stimulating lymph flow
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin
- Release endorphins – amino acids, the body’s natural painkiller
- Ease pain and pressure for expectant mothers and assist with shorter and easier labor
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
- Increase joint flexibility and improves range of motion
- Ease depression and anxiety and allows the body to relax
- Relax and ease tired, overworked, and injured muscles
Whatever words we use to describe Massage Therapy or the reasons we seek it out, it can be a powerful tool in your healthcare. The benefits can increase if it is done on a regular basis. So invest in yourself, your health, and those you love by scheduling a massage today.
At Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, we are offering massage therapy 6 days a week. We recently added 30 minute facial massages and 15 minute foot scrubs. Gift certificates are available and we offer specials at various times throughout the year. You can make an appointment for your health by calling our Therapy & Wellness office at the main hospital campus at 573-468-1340.