At Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, we strive to provide a positive patient experience and recognize the important role visitors play in the healing process. As part of BJC HealthCare, we follow a standard visitor policy to ensure a consistent experience across BJC’s 14 hospitals, multiple health service organizations and 100+ doctors’ offices.
Click here to read BJC’s visitor policy.
The following safety guidelines remain in place in our hospital setting.
Visitor Safety Guidelines:
Based on sustained reduced incidence of COVID-19, influenza and respiratory illness hospitalizations and community transmission, BJC HealthCare is lifting universal masking requirements in our health care environments effective March 22, 2023. Masks will continue to be readily available for those who prefer to continue wearing a mask, and patients who would prefer their providers wear a mask may request that. Masking in health care facilities helped protect patients, visitors, employees and the community throughout the pandemic and during recent severe respiratory viral illness surges.
- Masking remains required when visiting patients who are positive or suspected positive for COVID-19.
- To reduce transmission, masking is recommended for those who are showing signs or symptoms of respiratory illness and those with a recent known exposure to someone with a respiratory illness.
- Those who prefer to wear masks in BJC facilities are welcome to do so. Respiratory hygiene stations will remain at all facilities.
- BJC may reinstate a broad masking requirement in our health care facilities during surges of respiratory viruses such as influenza. BJC infection prevention and infectious diseases specialists will continue to track case rates in the community and among staff, along with hospitalization rates, to evaluate whether and when masking may need to be reinstated to protect patients, visitors and employees.
Your Opinion Counts
Nominate an exceptional Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital employee for the Patient Choice Award. If you encountered any employee who you feel goes above and beyond each and every day by:
- Making your visit comfortable and stress-free
- Pointed you in the right direction and anticipated your needs in a caring way
- Helped you resolve an important issue and took tome to address your concerns
- Is dependable for outstanding service every time you visit our facility
Nominate an employee
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital promotes clean air with a smoke-free policy. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Hospital and campus buildings. Smoking is prohibited at all building entrances.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Hospital or on Hospital property.
For more information, call 573-468-1999 or Request an Appointment online.