Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a critical access hospital committed to providing quality health-care services to the residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties. The Hospital's physicians and staff members offer excellent medical care and take pride in their community service.
In recent years, the Hospital has improved and expanded the health-care services available to the greater Sullivan community. In the early 1990s, a new and expanded Emergency Department was added along with updated admitting, and renovated Cardiac Rehabilitation and Physical Rehabilitation departments. In 1995, a new 12,000-square-foot Medical Office Building opened, home to numerous primary care physicians, and a variety of visiting medical and surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
The latest accomplishment is completion of the facility replacement project. On December 15, 2010, an open house and ribbon cutting was held to celebrate the completion of the final $6 million, 25,000 square-foot wing. Since 2002 the original 1962 building has been removed and replaced with a brand new facility. This represents an investment of nearly $35 million by BJC HealthCare to build the new Hospital in our community.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital Statistics:
|Emergency Department visits
|Outpatient surgery visits
|| $44.1 million
As part of BJC HealthCare, Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a member of one of the largest nonprofit health-care organizations in the United States We share BJC's mission of improving the health of the people and communities we serve. With this in mind, MBSH is committed not only to clinical excellence, but also to community collaboration, outreach and education. MBSH has a long history of partnering with area organizations to achieve its mission of improving community health.
In 2013, Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital collaborated with several external organizations to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) for Crawford County. The Affordable Care Act now requires non-profit hospitals to conduct a CHNA every three years.
The CHNA process involves gathering input from community partners, analyzing county and local health data, determining the top priority health needs and creating a plan to address them. The result is a focused, data-driven strategy for developing and administering community outreach programs.
Download the MBSH's CHNA Report and Implementation Plan. You may call 573-468-1343 to request a paper copy.
Points of Pride
- Board-certified physician specialists from Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis staff Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital's Specialty Clinics; these physicians represent more than 15 different medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties; patients are seen in the Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital Medical Office Building
- The hospital has partnered with New Vision Medical Stabilization to provide an inpatient service for adults with drug, alcohol and related health concerns
- A multidisciplinary team of health care professionals provides inpatient and outpatient cancer care
- The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program and Cardiac Diagnostics Laboratory provide medically supervised and monitored exercise and education for patients with heart or chronic lung disease; the Heart Services Program was the first of its kind in the region, and serves as a model program for other rural hospitals
- Physicians who specialize in emergency medicine staff our Emergency Department 24/7; the Hospital also operates its own ambulance service
- In conjunction with BJC Home Care Services, a full range of personalized home care services -- including a hospice program -- is available
- In the Hospital's Imaging Center, patients can receive a wide array of diagnostic services
- Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates a full-service laboratory 24/7
- The New Hope Senior Behavioral Health Center provides treatment for patients 50 and older in need of structured psychiatric care
- The Birth Center at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital combines a home-like setting, high technology and experienced professionals to deliver great care for moms and babies
- In our Sleep Disorders Lab, medical professionals conduct sleep tests and provide treatments for a variety of sleep disorders
- At the Sullivan Sports Fitness & Rehabilitation Center, we treat patients with various rehabilitative needs or injuries; and offer a variety of wellness events, therapy options and a well-equipped exercise facility
For more information on our medical services or to schedule an appointment, call 573.468.4186 or 866-468-4186.