National Hospital Week was scheduled to take place from May 10-16 this year. With the distraction of additional work and precautions happening due to the pandemic in the spring, BJC chose to postpone both the recognition of National Hospital Week and Nurses Week until later in the year.
BJC designated the week of September 21 through 25 as “Our BJC Values Celebration Week!” One of BJC’s core values were highlighted each day:
- Monday - Compassion. Connecting, asking and listening, then acting to improve; and demonstrating kindness, caring and concern for others.
- Tuesday - Respect. Being present and in the moment; seeking to understand, ensuring equity and inclusion; honoring differences; and treating others the way they want to be treated.
- Wednesday - Excellence. Finding and fixing problems with a focus on continuous improvement; and being relentless in our pursuit of results that matter to our customers and patients.
- Thursday - Safety. Creating a physically and psychologically safe environment; and seeking to understand why errors occur and creating a learning environment from failures.
- Friday - Teamwork. Ensuring belonging by building and embracing diverse teams; practicing effective team communication methods; and demonstrating collaboration and partnership in all that we do.
In conjunction with BJC HealthCare’s celebration, employees and providers at MBSH were shown how much they are appreciated with their years-of-service ribbons, Hospital logo face masks, a BJC HealthCare System drawing for a $50 Visa gift card, Jimmy John’s boxed lunches and Chillbilly’s Snow Cone/Ice Cream treats. Melanie Hardy, a LPN in the New Hope Center was an employee from MBSH who won one of the BJC Visa gift cards.
Staff and Providers at Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital certainly appreciated the recognition given to them throughout the week.
Pictured are employees out by the Maintenance Building picking up Chillbilly’s Snow Cones