Preparing for Surgery
At Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, we believe knowledge is power, especially when it comes to your health. If you’re having surgery – whether a minor outpatient procedure or major surgery – it’s important to know what to do prior to surgery to help ensure your surgery goes according to plan, and it helps to know what to expect.
We’ve prepared this surgical guide to familiarize you with Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital’s surgery program and its requirements. More importantly, we’re committed to providing our patients with quality medical care and the comfort of being close to home. After all, our patients are our number one priority. We are committed to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
The following are important requirements that we ask of all surgery patients.
Learn more about preparing for surgery
- Be sure to bring your insurance information and photo identification (e.g. driver’s license).
- Don’t bring any valuables to the hospital with you (e.g. jewelry, cash).
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- Plan to have an adult family member or friend to bring you home. If you fail to adhere to these requirements, your surgery may be canceled or postponed.
- If you rely on an inhaler or CPAP machine, bring it with you to the hospital.
- If you have any questions or issues before or after your surgery, be sure to contact your physician.